Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome, Welcome!

Posted by Justin

Our baby Hazel has arrived! She was born at 1:07 am, December 27, 2009. She weighed 6 lb, 11 oz. and is 18 inches long. She has pretty brown hair, which is much more plentiful than her father's coif.







She is in great health. We had a little scare on Wednesday, her third day, because Hazel was becoming dehydrated and as a result her temperature wasn't as warm as the doctor would have liked. We wound up staying overnight in the hospital. Hazel became a chunky monkey as a result of the stay, packing on about 5 ounces of love after all the hydration.


That's a sad baby!


All is well now, and she's home safe and sound. Nancy and I spent a nice New Years Moment at midnight with her as we played with her and fed her. What a happy family.


Hallelujah! I'm Home!

8 comments:

  1. She's gorgeous! Congratulations!!! No one told me she's here. Thank you Justin for blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable Nancy and Justin! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for HEALTHY and GORGEOUS babies. I am glad she is home and happy! I can not wait to hold her...... so sad you are in Virginia! I love you guys! She is soooo cute! CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a cutie pie! I am so glad you guys are home and happy! Looks like Justin love fatherhood! Hazel is a lucky girl to have such wonderful and loving parents! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful! Congratulations to both of you. You have so much happiness ahead of you. I hope you enjoy every moment with her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect little princess!!! Congratulations to you both and I'm so glad to see Nancy married someone so smart :)
    LOVE the string tied to the bassinette trick...gotta remember that one for next time!
    Big hugs to the New sweet little family :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How scary to have to stay overnight with you tiny newborn! (after the initial visit, of course) I would've been freaking out. So glad everyone is better now!
    She's so tiny and precious!!!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a baby! Yay! She's adorable! You too made a darn cute kid;) I'm super glad that everyone is happy and healthy. What a way to start 2010! I can't wait to meet her! Hopefully it will be before she's walking and talking! Love you guys! Congratulations:)

    ReplyDelete