Wednesday, January 20, 2010

More Pictures

Here is a sneak peek into our world with Hazel. My family has been begging for pictures so here you go....

Hazel's umbilical cord took a long time to fall off so we were anxiously awaiting being able to give her a big girl bath. She hated it. She screamed during the whole bath, but as soon as we wet her hair to wash it....silence. She is her mothers daughter, we love to get our hair washed.



These pictures were taken the same day she took on the world of Wal-Mart for the first time. We went and picked up Justin from school for a little mid day date. He had to work late that night and frankly we just can't go that long without seeing each other. I thought you might like some up close shots of some of her features.






Hazel is a very good eater. Here is how we know she is ready to eat. Her head makes a hard turn to the left or the right with a big open mouth. It is the one thing that she can communicate to us that we get.


We sure are enjoying her. We are still trying to figure out her schedule and things that she likes and doesn't like. We have recently started her on a night time routine which for that past 2 nights has worked out well. We start with a bath when she starts to get her sleepy eyes around 8ish. Followed by a nice lotion rub, clean clothes and a nice a tight swaddle, curtsy her dad. We then give her a bottle in the dark so that she knows it is night time. She has been sleeping longer at a time during the night and seems to be going back to sleep faster after feedings. This makes for a very happy mommy and daddy in the morning.

Day time naps are something that we are going to need to start working on. For the past few days she will scream when she realizes that she is not being held while sleeping. Even right now, she is sleeping on my chest while I type. I am weak and can't stand to hear her cry. We may have to work on this more on the weekends when daddy his home. He is a little stronger then me, but not much. We are suckers for this girl what can I say? Maybe between the two of us we can figure out something genius that everyone is happy with.

4 comments:

  1. She is so cute!!! I still need to get over to see here--things have been crazy busy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, GREAT JOB! She's only 3.5 weeks, right? I'm with you, I can't stand to hear my baby crying. I just remember all the nights I was crying to Heavenly Father asking for this little blessing and go running to his rescue. :) We're all suckers. Like Natalie said earlier, they will not want us soon...so let's take advantage. She's such a cutie. Marky's gonna want to dance with her in about 14 years. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nancy shes a doll baby!!! and she has very great taste in shoes! Ida has the same ones. ithink they look so cute on thier little feet and they are pink!! I am also typing with a child in my arms. Even at 3 years they just sometimes need thier mommas!!! Isaac loved the pics of Hazel too. Ida takes great naps in her car seat. I know its not ideal but it works.
    We love you guys- i know you'll figure out something! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with laurel you will figure out the ap thing. Being a mom sure is and tricky. Oh it really is so hard trying to let them cry it out. Harris still gets me up and moving I can not take it.Thanks for the shots of all her little parts. My favorite was the shoes but, I loved the ones of her hands and ears. Very cute! Love the date at Wal-Mart you guys are offically parents! Love Ya! Thanks for calling you are a great friend!

    ReplyDelete