When I was working at HCA we had a saying, "I fixed it." It was always said very cocky and loudly once we would fix a scanner or copier. I find myself saying it around the house too. Justin and I like to pretend that we are super handy people even though neither one of us really are.
Even though time doesn't always allow, Justin really loves to work on our cars. Before we headed back up to Virginia from our Summer he replaced my serpentine belt. He was so pleased, it didn't take nearly as long as he thought and it went off without a hitch.
Justin is so hard at work. I just sat there and watched him while reading a book in the beautiful Florida sun.



The other day our kitchen sink was stopped up. It was a Sunday and we didn't want to call maintenance out on the weekend, so I decided to fix it myself. I knew the process, how I don't know, but I felt confident that I could handle it, so dove right in.
I made the biggest mess ever. I didn't release the pipe slow enough and the water shot everywhere. We were having some friends over for dinner that afternoon and myself and my kitchen had food particles and water all over.
I look so victorious because I thought that, "I fixed it," but no such luck. We just lived with the non-draining sink until Monday when Maintenance could come and really fix it.
Jon and I are the SAME way, only we usually aren't brave enough to attempt something ourselves. I always tell him I married a business man not a handyman, and that he's just going to have to make enough money to pay people to fix things for us!
ReplyDeleteI just want to know what handyperson wears a small sweater? Love it!!
ReplyDelete