Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

What a great day it has been! This morning we just enjoyed being together as a family. Hazel and Justin have been a little under the weather so we stayed in our PJ's, watch the Macy's Day Parade, and took a family nap.


We also made this turkey to put our rolls in for dinner later.

Since we didn't make it home for Thanksgiving we decided to gather up our some our friends and have a Williamsburg family dinner. There were 4 families who all pitched in with our family favorites treats. It was very yummy, but mostly lots of fun!!

Patrick showing how it's done.

The mommy pack.

The kids were having a blast playing with all the nursery toys.

This is me and Micah. This is the only way that I can hold
him that he doesn't cry. He is my buddy.

After we were all cleaned up we helped Keegan keep one of her traditions that she does with her family. We gathered in a circle and between the eight adults we named 100 things we were thankful for. Keegan also mentioned that she makes her own personal list in her journal, so I decided to see if I could list 100 things that I am thankful for.

1. A husband who makes me laugh daily.
2. A baby who is mega go with the flow.
3. Watching TV at night to wind down with Justin.
4. My home.
5. Parents that are still married to each other.
6. Laughter.
7. Phones.
8. Possibilities.
9. Riley.
10. Hayden.
11. Isaac.
12. Ida
13. Church callings that give me the opportunity to serve others.
14. Amazing friends.
15. Health.
16. My sister.
17. Hot showers
18. Seasons.
19. A car to get around in.
20. Traffic Laws that keep us safe.
21. The means to buy food for my family.
22. Health Care.
23. Friends that I can complain to. (Thanks Stacy)
24. A bed to rest from the days work.
25. The knowledge that my family can be together forever.
26. The ability to have children.
27. Family Pictures.
28. Walks.
29. Strollers.
30. Yummy Thanksgiving Dinners.
31. New days.
32. The opportunity to improve.
33. Employment.
34. A cool Fall breeze.
35. Luke. He is one of our favorite people. He loves Mr. Justin so much, I can't help but love him back.
36. Blogging - my blog and others.
37. The fact that my brother told me that he loved me on a phone message. I love, love!
38. Kindness that is shown to others.
39. Disposable Diapers.
40. My dad supporting our family growing up so that my mom could stay home.
41. My husband who works so that I can be a stay at home mom too.
42. Kids who still have imaginations.
43. Chapstick.
44. Pajamas!
45. Restaurants so sometimes I don't have to cook.
46. Forgiveness.
47. New discoveries.
48. Hazel's kisses.
49. Laurel. She has been a joy to have has a sister.
50. Freshly shaven legs.

Okay this is starting to get hard.

51. Computers and the way they help keep me connected to my family and friends.
52. Internet.
53. New Recipes.
54. Hot soup on a cold day.
55. Formula and all the convince that it brings.
56. Pillows.
57. Electricity.
58. Family Traditions.
59. Arts and crafts.
60. A refrigerator.
61. Toys for Hazel to play with.
62. Inspiring words.
63. Babies. I love me some babies!
64. Carpet.
65. Caffeine Free Diet Coke. Yum.
66. Quiet time.
67. A clean kitchen.
68. Games.
69. Grandparents.
70. The chance we had to live with Papa one Summer. I time I will never forget.
71. Birthdays.
72. Joe Bell and Patricia and Scott Jimeson, our long lost cousins who showed us remarkable kindness.
73. Time with Hazel. She is my new best friend and just love hanging out with her.
74. Patience.
75. Did I mention, my sister. I love her honesty and her....well everything.
76. Long chats with my mom during the day.
77. Painted toe nails.
78. Memories.
79. Lazy days with my family.
80. Clothes to keep us warm.
81. Walmart. Especially today so that I could get some rolls for dinner tonight, since my homemade yeast rolls were a flop.
82. Tissue.
83. The opportunity to learn new things.
84. River trips in Florida.
85. Being an Aunt Nancy. It is the second coolest job in the world.
86. Good Examples.
87. Reading Glasses. I would be walking around with one big headache all the time without them.
88. The Sunrise.
89. Squirrels. They are busy this time of year and I love to watch them working so hard to store up food for the winter.
90. Bishop Lindsey. He is a inspired leader whom I admire so much.
91. Nap time.
92. Something sweet after nap time.
93. Justin's cuddles.
94. Dreams.
95. Good Teachers.
96. The opportunity we have had to live in Williamsburg. I will never forget our time here.
97. Emotions.
98. Keegan, and for the idea to list all the things that I am grateful for.
99. The chance we have to be home with our families for Christmas.
100. The end so I can join my sick hubby in bed.

I love my life, my family, my friends. I am grateful for my faith and all the joy and knowledge that I have because of it. And for this time of year to recognize how blessed I really am.

4 comments:

  1. Nancy, that is awesome. I love the idea of listing 100 things that make you thankful. Right now, I'm thankful for a super playful and active little man that is making this paragraph take 5 minutes. :)
    Happy Thanksgiving. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend Keegan is a smarty pants in my book, what a fun idea. I am glad you have a awesome group of friends to be with on Thanksgiving. I really enjoyed seeing you and spending time with you in Virginia. Thank you! It was nice because I got to spend time with you and I now have no worries that you have a sweet and kind hubby and friends who love and support you. If I can not be close and lucky enough to be that girl I am glad you have people that realize such how great you are. I am Thankful for you and your friendship. Even though we do not get the chance to chat everyday like we used to I hope you know that you I have and will always cherish what not only a amazing friend you are for me but the example you ALWAYS show me of what a women should be. I love you Nancy! Tell Justin I said thanks again for letting me crash with you guys and I hope everyone feels better. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for this post! and you and your family! We sure missed you guys!! But are looking forward to your visit at Christmas! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea! That must have been fun! BTW you look great! How id your goal coming along? It looks like you have lost quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete