Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Celebrating our Independence

We headed up to my parents house, which Justin and I still call Florida because that is what we referred to it as since we have been living in Virginia, for the July 4th weekend. We started our vacation by attending the parade in my home town of Middleburg. My mom, dad and 3 nephews joined us.

It was a blast!!! We walked away with a big bag full of candy, water bottles, flyers, coupons, stuffed animals, popsicles, flags, and tons and tons of fun!!!

Justin hung with Hazel so I was able to spend time with the boys. They are so much fun and they say the cutest things. It was great to be able to spend that time with them. I love them!!

This picture of Hazel is priceless. The last float of the parade was a fire truck that sprayed the crowd with water. As you can tell Hazel didn't love it much. Those are tears on her face, not water from the truck. I love her pretty necklace that she got.

These girls are going to be best buddies. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. They love to play together and share each others toys.

After the parade we headed over to my brother and sister in laws for Riley and Hayden's birthday party. It was a blast!! Justin and I joined in on one of the water rely races. Justin's team won, but without the help of Riley's cousin Bella (age 9) we would have lost worse then we did. She taught me a few tricks they were very helpful. Never underestimate what these kids know.

Hazel took a dip in the little pool at the end of the slip in slide. She was having lots of fun too.


Our favorite float was one that represented 4 branches of military and our Savior.
I am so grateful to live is this blessed country and am even more grateful to the men and women who work and sacrifice to keep it safe and free. God Bless the USA!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the video. It's like she's actually trying to let go of it but can't figure out how to ungrip it... but it turned out quite patriotic!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Hazel's tears! That is a pretty loud scary noise! Thanks for taking the boys tothe parade. They had such a good time and love you and your family sooooooooooo much!

    ReplyDelete